pühapäev, 21. august 2011

I did not die

Do not stand by my grave and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond's glint upon the snow
I am the sunlight upon ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain.


When you wake in the morning's hush
I am the swift, uprushing rush
Of quiet birds in circle flight
Do not stand by my grave and cry
I am not there. I did not die.

The winds
of earth have gathered me
On ray's of sunlight I will fly
As I say good bye to this human race.
My Savior Jesus has called me home.
It's my soul to Him that I return.

Don't cry for me. Don't waste a tear
Because to Jesus I draw ever near
No more sorrow. No more shame
As I freely call upon His name
I know from whom I have come.

Remember the autumn and the winter too
See the diamond's glint upon the morning dew

Listen to the wind softly moan
Telling you another soldier has gone home.

Yes, in front of this grave where you stand
It no longer holds this earthly man
On wings of eagles, as swift as light
This tired soldier has made his flight.

To stand before His God, and not a hearse
But to stand before the maker of the universe.
All that I am or will ever be
Will stand before Jesus, throughout eternity.

Win or lose, I've made my choice
To stand with Jesus and rejoice
Don't wait too long to take a stand
Before you are filled with earthly sand.

Become a soldier of the cross,
And when your soul gives its last sigh
And your soul on wings will fly
To who awaits on high

You've lived your life
You've lived your days
Now give to Jesus all of your praise.

One last look, and we are gone
Flying straight to our new home.
No more struggle, no more strife
As Jesus gives us eternal life.

Even as my name is etched in this earthly stone
Don't cry for this soldier
He has gone home
Don't kneel and weep. Don't even cry
Because I'm not here
I did not die!

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar