Based on the writers childhood events. Great book!
- "A girls motto is BE PREPARED"
- I was glad I didn’t have testicles. They sounded like intestines only on the outside, and the men in the Bible were always having them cut off and not being able to go to church. Horrid.
- I was very depressed. What was all the fuss about? Better to hear about Hell now than burn in it later.
- Just because you can’t tell what it is, doesn’t mean it’s not what it is.
- No emotion is the final one.
- There are women in the world.
There are men in the world.
And there are beasts.
- Time is a great deadener. People forget, get bored, grow old, go away.
- People have never had a problem disposing of the past when it gets too difficult. Flesh will burn, photos will burn, and memory, what is that? The imperfect ramblings of fools who will not see the need to forget. And if we can’t dispose of it we can alter it. The dead don’t shout.
- here is some advise. If you want to keep your own teeth, make your own sandwiches…
- What is it about intimacy that makes it so very disturbing?
- Can love really belong to the demon?
- Everyone has a demon like cats have fleas.
- It is not possible to change anything until you understand the substance you wish to change. Of course people mutilate and modify, but these are fallen powers, and to change something you do not understand is the true nature of evil.
- … in a hall so high that the ceiling and the sky were confused.
- They didn’t expect Winnet to talk very much. Winnet wanted to talk. She had left her school and her followers far behind, she wanted to talk about the nature of the world, why it was there at all, and what they were all doing in it. Yet at the same time she knew her old world had much in it that was wrong. If she talked about it, good and bad, they would think her mad, and then she would have no one. She had to pretend she was just like them, and when she made a mistake, they smiled and remembered she was foreign.
- If the demons lie within they travel with you.
- Everyone thinks their own situatsion most tragic. I am no exception.